Carpet and Furniture Lasts Longer with Protection!
To complement the JNR Cleaning Service Program, we offer Bridgepoint’s Maxim Advanced Carpet Protector and Maxim Advanced for Upholstery with Dye-Loc Upholstery Protector.
Maxim Advanced - Protects Fibers From the “Inside Out”
Traditional protectors work by creating a repellency barrier across the top of carpet to protect the fibers. But this repellency only works when spills are cleaned up immediately. If not, they simply soak through the barrier where they immediately bond to the unprotected fibers, creating difficult to remove stains.
These repellency barriers can also be easily penetrated by hot spills and spills from heights. And, these surface barriers break down with time and foot traffic, further degrading the carpet’s protection.
Instead of relying on repellency, it uses a totally new technology to prevent spills from bonding to fibers. Because it coats fibers with a stain barrier completely, not just at the top, spills will not bead up and then soak through to create stains. You will be able to remove spills easily even months later!
Maxim Advanced for Upholstery provides painless spot and spill cleanup. Upholstery will last longer because this protector also reduces wear from abrasive soiling.
Vacuuming of protected furniture will be easier, faster and more effective in removing damaging dry soils. It leaves fine fabrics cleaner, brighter, and fresher—and, it’s safe for children and pets!
Two Primary Ways that Protector is Removed from a Carpet:
- Regular foot traffic. Over a period of 6 months to 2 years, depending on the traffic, a significant amount of protector can be removed from your traffic areas and needs to be reapplied.
- High alkaline cleaner. Uneducated, uninformed and sometimes downright unscrupulous carpet cleaners use harsh chemicals on the carpet that will strip its protection. If one of these rascals has been in your house, you may want to have the carpet re-protected.
Four Mistakes Other Cleaners Make in Applying Protector:
- Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the carpet warranty. JNR uses only the highest quality, recommended protectors.
- Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
- Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying it doesn’t allow for complete penetration of the carpet yarns. Over applying it causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our company technicians are diligently trained for proper application.
- Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. JNR thoroughly grooms the protector into the carpet pile.
Six Reasons You Should Always Get Carpet Protector:
- Reduces permanent stains. A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn’t repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Protector will allow you to remove spots and spills more effectively, therefore helping you to avoid permanent staining.
- Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively.
- Make spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use. The less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
- Helps avoid costly service calls. Although you want to call us to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by removing the spot yourself.
Your carpet will look better and last longer when it is protected.
Questions and Answers About Fabric Protection
Q. What is a carpet protector?
A. Carpet protector is applied to carpet fibers to give them added protection against stains and soils. The most common carpet protectors today consist of fluorochemicals. When applied to carpeting, fluorochemicals change the surface energy of the carpet fiber and act like non-stick coatings on a cooking utensil, which causes soil, oil, and water all slip off the fiber. Many carpets are pretreated with protector, and may also be treated with a dye-blocker to further enhance the carpet’s stain resistance.
Q. Why should carpets be treated with a carpet protector?
A. We’ve all seen the commercials showing how stain protection can prevent a disaster when food and beverages are spilled on carpeting. This same protection keeps oily and dry based soils from adhering to the carpet fiber. Carpets treated with protector are not only stain resistant, they are easier to clean, and look clean longer.
Q. Will carpet protector help keep carpeting looking new?
A. Yes! If you were to view a new carpet fiber under a microscope you would see what appears to be a highly polished, hollow glass tube. This tube reflects light back to our eyes. It is this reflected light that gives the carpet its color and luster. Unfortunately, over time, the tube can become scratched. Once scratched, the fiber can no longer reflect light properly. This is the reason why carpeting in entryways, hallways, and traffic lanes looks dirty and trampled, even after it has been thoroughly cleaned. Similar to the protection provided by a coat of wax on your car’s finish, carpet protector shields the carpet fiber from scratches caused by dirt and grit. Carpet protector helps keep your carpeting looking great for years to come.
Q. When should carpet protector be applied?
A. Carpet protector is not permanent, even when applied at the mill. Protector will wear off of carpet fibers. An initial treatment of carpet protector should be applied after a thorough professional cleaning. Most manufacturers suggest that protector be reapplied after every two or three cleanings, and perhaps after each cleaning over heavily trafficked areas such as entryways and halls. If your carpet is covered by a stain resistant warranty, please refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations for reapplying protector.
Q. Is it expensive to apply carpet protector?
A. Carpet protector is a real bargain when you consider all of its benefits. Not only does it protect against stains and soiling, but also it can add years of life to your carpets appearance. Application prices vary depending on the type and amount of carpet you want treated. For a quick, no obligation phone estimate, please call JNR at 888-639-6611. We would be delighted to answer all of your carpet maintenance questions, and tell you about fabric protection for your upholstery as well.
For fabric protection please contact us for a free and affordable estimate.